Now incorporating The Sudbury Hill Harrow and Wherever End Times

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Filipino joke

For all our balikbayan readers

Bill Gates organized an enormous session to recruit a new CEO for Microsoft Europe.

Exactly 5,000 candidates assemble in a large room. One candidate is Mario Dimaculangan.

Bill Gates: Thank you for coming. Those who do not know JAVA may leave.

2,000 people leave the room.

Mario says to himself, 'I do not know JAVA but I have nothing to lose if I stay. I'll give it a try.'

Bill Gates: Candidates who never had experience in managing more than 500 people may leave.

2,000 people leave the room.

Mario says to himself, 'I never managed anybody myself, but I have nothing to lose if I stay. What can happen to me?' So he stays.

Bill Gates: Candidates who do not have management diplomas may leave.

500 people leave the room.

Mario says to himself, 'I left high school at 15 but what have I got to lose?' So he stays in the room.

Lastly, Bill Gates asked the candidates who do not speak Serbo-Croat to leave.

498 people leave the room.

Mario says to himself, 'I do not speak one word of Serbo-Croat but what do I have to lose?' So he stays and finds himself with one other candidate.

Everyone else has gone.

So Bill Gates says, 'Apparently you are the only two candidates who speak Serbo-Croat! Go on then, let's hear you have a conversation together in Serbo-Croat.'

Calmly, Mario turns to the other candidate and says, `Ano ba yan, Dong?'*

The other candidate answers, 'Ewan ko, Pare.' **

Bob Harmless

* "What is that?". 
** "I don't know, mate."

No comments: